Looking for an exciting way to get more greens into your belly? Want to impress your friends at the next party?
My wife Madalina is the most amazing cook. She brought this recipe to life one afternoon and I cannot get enough of it. Here it is for all you lovers of the greens:
For the crust see the Quick and Easy Healthy Almond Crust recipe
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 9 ounces Frozen spinach, thawed and well drained (remove as much liquid as possible)
- 1/2 cup red onion, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, without oil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (Mediterranean sea salt, or Himalayan pink salt)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (shred it yourself don’t buy it already shredded)
- Heat over to 350 F.
- Have the Quick and Easy Healthy Almond Crust ready
- Melt the butter in large skillet over medium to low heat.
- Add spinach, onion and tomatoes. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Remove from heat, then add the Italian seasoning, oregano, garlic powder and salt, Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs and cheese. Mix well. Stir in spinach mixture until well combined.
- Spoon evenly onto partially baked crust and bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan and slicing.
More exciting recipes to follow. Pofta buna, bon appetite, enjoy the food.